Attention Graduating Seniors
Commencement Exercise: May 19, 8:00 P.M.
Important Announcements and Guidelines for Seniors
The class of 2012 has had a successful year. In ending this year on a successful note, Mt. Vernon Township High School would like to assist seniors and parents by sharing the following information related to graduation and end-of-the year activities unique to seniors:
- The last day for Graduating Seniors will be Friday, 5/11/12.This is a full day.
- Baccalaureate will be Tuesday, 5/15/12.
- Graduation is a traditional, formal ceremony involving a proper degree of decorum. As such, slacks, skirt, or dress for ladies and a collared shirt and pants for the gentlemen. These items will be necessary in future job interviews and can serve a dual purpose for the ceremony.
- Graduation practice will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, 5/18/12; practice is mandatory for all students if they intend to participate in our ceremonies unless they are involved in a school sanctioned state tournament. If students do not practice, they will not walk through in the ceremony on Saturday.
- Seniors must have all debts paid before they leave on Friday, 5/18/12. This includes any lunch fees, school fees, cost to replace a library book, or replace a piece of sports equipment, etc. These encumbrances need to be paid by the time seniors leave on Friday.
- There is no school sanctioned "senior skip day." All school policies still are in effect for attendance and discipline. Please discuss appropriate behavior with your child as misbehavior could result in forfeiture to attend graduation as a consequence.
- There is no senior prank, again note possible consequences discussed in item 6, as well as possible suspension or expulsion based on the offense.
- Seniors must remember to fill out an official records request form with the guidance office before they leave. We cannot send out your transcripts without one.
- Save all items from your H: drive, and set up an email that is not your school email. These accounts will not be available to seniors once they leave school the last day.
- Seniors need to be at school on Saturday, May 19 by 5:45. The graduation ceremony will begin promptly at 8:00 P.M.
Again, thank you for your efforts in helping our seniors have a great year. Please assist us in finishing on a stellar note as well. The graduation and baccalaureate ceremonies are not required. Students in attendance at these events will be expected to demonstrate appropriate behavior for the event.
Good luck – Class of 2012!