Career Technical Education (CTE) provides high school students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners. In total, about 12.5 million high school and college students are enrolled in CTE across the nation. CTE prepares these learners for the world of work by introducing them to workplace competencies, and makes academic content accessible to students by providing it in a hands-on context.
Mt. Vernon Township High School
Career and Technical Education Department
Course Offerings/Descriptions for the...
2017 - 2018 School Year
- Agriculture Education
- Business, Marketing and Computer Education
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Health Science Technology
- Technology & Engineering Education
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW)
Mt. Vernon Area Vocational Center
- Mt. Vernon AVC -- Program Information (2017 - 2018) -- New!
- Mt. Vernon AVC -- Coopertive Education Brochure
Applications for the...
- Audio/Video Production
- Automotive Technician
- Basic Nursing Assistant Training
- Care and Learning Services Management
- Commercial & Advertising Art
- Computer Maintenance
- Computer Networking
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Principles and Practices
- Fire Science Academy
- Health Occupation Core Skill
- Interrelated Cooperative Education (ICE) -- Seniors Only!
- Industrial Maintenance
- Project Lead the Way -- Biomedical
- Project Lead the Way -- Computer Science
- Project Lead the Way -- Engineering
- Web Page and Interactive Media Development
Applications are due: Friday, February 24, 2017
Students interested in a particular Area Career Center (ACC) program must submit a completed application to the ACC Director.
Interrelated Cooperative Education (ICE) -- Seniors Only!
Worth your time...
PARENTS! -- If you haven't seen this already, Please enjoy this video "Success in the New Economy". It really hits home what a vital role CTE courses are playing now & will play in the future.
"Click" link below...