What is FBLA?
FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) is the largest student organization in the world with over 250, 000 members. There are chapters in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Department of Defense Dependent Schools of Europe and also in the Virgin Islands. This organization is designed to help students develop their leadership skills through business education.
FBLA has three aspects:
Social- We get to know each other and have lots of fun!
Professional- Where we learn new things about business, attend conferences, and work on job skills.
Community Service - Where we give back something to the community that has given us so much.
• Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
• Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
• Create more interest in and understanding of the American business enterprise.
• Encourage members in development of individual projects which contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
• Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
• Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
• Assist students in establishment of occupational goals.
• Facilitate the transition from school to work.
Why should I join FBLA?
There are many reasons why you should join FBLA:
• It looks great on college applications
• You can enter into competitions on the local, state and national levels
• It is fun!
Every conference is designed so that the members can have fun. We hold dances and travel around the country. We get to meet a lot of new people from all of the places we go. But there is a lot more to FBLA than having fun. We do community service and hold large-scale competitions. FBLA members learn skills that will prove invaluable throughout their lives.
The FBLA-PBL National Awards Program recognizes and rewards excellence in a broad range of busiuness and career-related area. At the State Leadership Conferences, students compete in events testing their business knowledge and skills. Top state winners are then elgible to compete for national awards at the National Leadership Conference each summer. At both the SLC and NLC, member chance a chance to earn scholarship money!
Here are some examples of competitive events:
Who can participate?
Any student who has taken at least one business course in grades 9-12 can participate in FBLA.
How do I join FBLA?
It is very easy to join FBLA. All you have to do is talk to your teachers in the Business Education Department.
Ms. Julie Hayes, Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org 246-2710